Friday, February 04, 2005

The Internet is boring

Ever spent so long with nothing to do that you run out of stuff to look at on the internet?

Every day I come in to work and manage to blow away a certain amount of time looking up inane rubbish and really cool shit. The problem I've found is there's a syndrome whereby each day the volume of stuff you can wallow through becomes less and less, until your brains dribble out your nose.

Now, with exactly zero (0) work to do, I have hit rock bottom. I've worked my way through several past weeks of Slashdot and The Register, plus I've 'window shopped' my arse off at Lik-Sang and Think Geek.

I've browsed through ridiculous numbers of off-shoot link trees from each of these sites and every gaming forum, community and company site I can think of.

I'm fucking BORED. The internet has nothing left to offer me (except pr0n of course, but I want to get paid for the rest of the week, not walked from the building.)

Help me, please, help...

5 Comments:

Blogger eightball said...

http://www.marok.org/Arte/Mix/rocky_is_back.swf

2:31 pm  
Blogger skaffen said...

Distracting enough, thank you.

I am now re-reading DnD manuals and trying to learn some whack Online conversion of Settlers of Catan

4:01 pm  
Blogger monkeypox said...

What I used to do (and still do occaisonaly) is find a web comic I'd only sometimes looked at. Then I would read all of the back-issues from the start. But I'm guessing you have already done this ?
You can fill in a bit of time by going back through Penny Arcade and reading the news post associated with each comic. You then follow the links to the news items so that you understand them. Then you follow the links from those sites. After that - get a copy of world of warcraft and spend all of your time reading the forums when you aren't playing. Try out some google-whacking.

5:12 pm  
Blogger eightball said...

I always fall back on
sinfest.net
red red meat
Bob the angry flower
get your war on.
for classic web comics with great backlists.

do your own google searches to find links.

what was that other one, with the guy that took photo's of bendy animal figures addicted to masturbation. Stomp will remember. that shit was gold.

11:40 pm  
Blogger stompbox said...

Leisuretown
But it's gone, he shut up shop a few years ago.

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home