Thursday, January 27, 2005

Claiming comics on tax

... and reading them at work is sweet.

I can claim everything I've bought from the comic shop from my work, acheball those comics I lent you, could you tell me the US prices on them via email? The dude's going to write me up one reciept for the lot, yay!

I got Army of Darkness - Ashes to Ashes #3 and #4, the last 2 of the mini series. There is going to be another series, "Shop till you Drop" or something set back at S-Mart where Ash works. I'm in two minds about it though... but I'll probably get it.

The artist is the guy who does Dangergirl, so he's good at drawing chicks... anyway I like the drawing style and character design, and it's inspiring for stylised 3D ideas, but as an artist actually doing comic book art - keeping action sequences "readable", remembering to include shit the characters are discussing in the dialogue, and other issues like sound effects not jumping out enough but being referred to in dialogue (maybe not his fault, but an issue) are not great. It's a lot of fun, but flawed. The story starts to slip in these last 2 issues too, I found it more of an interesting lesson in writing comic books/animation than a ripsnorting read. I like how the pace is ridiculously fast, but they need to be clearer to keep things clear at that pace, and there are some ideas that haven't been properly fleshed out and others which aren't clearly explained.

The dude also got in for me an older issue of The Goon, with guest appearance from Hellboy. It's funny as fuck, funnier than I expected. I should have known, because the Goon RULES, shame on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home