Sunday, December 05, 2004

Design Document and resource website?

Hey Skaffen, get back to me about the Mod ideas in that thread.
If you like the basic NeoTokyo Highway idea, we should think about starting on a Design Document (HL2 Mod Central "tute" here)

I don't knwo if you have server space/access, but it might be worth thinking about FTP for our shit? Then any one of us can get the current version of the design doc (and later other shit) down and look at or work on it. I'd suggest number it by date, then your name, before uploading an update. That way we never overwrite old files and can always revert to older version.

It would mean we wouln't have to rely on email, you can work on shit whenever you want without waiting to hear from each other. And you can see other people's updates.

1 Comments:

Blogger skaffen said...

Heh, I printed that doc about around two weeks ago and was thinking about it 30 mins ago. The neo-tokyo thing gives me a woody and I was getting carried away, so I figured one of these would be a good move, to keep things in check and in scope.

I'm going to start building a draft I think, then you lot can butcher it and we'll go round a few times before it becomes stable. Defining this will hold our arses in down the track.

FTP space is on it's way. Secure, customised and backed up, motherfuckers.

12:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home