Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Some Game Art/Making Of Books

Art of Halo
- I'd assmue this is a bit old hat, doesn't interest me much anyway. (Halo2 would be more interesting, but even then there's 3D forum threads which probably go into more detail on the normal mapping technique etc. I just can't find the bloody link at the moment...)

Halo 2: Raising the bar
- Now we're talking. Skaffen I'd suggest you treat yourself to this for xmas. Get it over Amazon, it'll be heaps cheaper than Borders. I got 2 Lightwave books over Amazon for $80 AUS total including shipping, and have since heard they're $90 in the shops, EACH.

Japanese Game Graphics : Behind the Scenes of Your Favorite Games
- apparently this is cool. It's fairly cheap, might be worth a look.

The Making of Doom(r) III: The Official Guide
- Maybe worth a squizz

When I get paid I want to get one or two issues of that game magazine NEXT. The game art stills are sick, I want to get it just for reference material for a short film with game art-style animation. Costs close to $20 an issue or something though I think. You'd only need one, have a look next time you're in a newsagents. It might be good to find the kind of look you're after in your Modding...

1 Comments:

Blogger eightball said...

I downloaded the artof Metal Gear Solid 2 book ages ago, so don't anyone go buying that until you've at least checked this out.

also if anyone is putting in an Amazon order let me know because I always have a backlog of books I want from there but never place an order. but if we split the shipping this stuff gets even cheaper.

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home