Friday, November 12, 2004

Making Games in Lightwave

This thread starts with a dumb question; "How do I make a game dudes?"
But there are some relevant nuggets of info I thought worth bookmarking here for anyone thinking about making or modding games. This stuff would probably be more relevant if you wanted to whip up your own little game at some stage. They talk about Garage Games which I think has engines, and forums with dudes who are into it and where you can get pointers on all the different areas (coding, etc)

There's also some talk about using LW to make 3D graphics for 2D games. A little 2D game (shooter, platform, whatever) would be cool, even just a little one screen/level job to show you have a bit of fucking initiative. Good if you're after a games job anyway. Shockwave, or SDL is something else they talk about.

As I've said my hand is up for LW modding and/or game creation. Collaboratively we could make some sick shit for our folios, and save Eightball and Skaffen from hanging themselves in the work toilet with their headphone cable and tie respectively.

Skaffen could program that shit in his sleep, 3D or 2D. Eightball could design a wicked little 2D, I'm thinking about Metal Slug and Earthworm Jim while I type this. And I could do the graphics and farm bits out to you if you're interested (Uv mapped and ready to go as a photoshop file you can paint on.)

1 Comments:

Blogger eightball said...

Earthworm Jim made me smile in my pants


I'd love to have a crack at some of that stuff & in my opinion a good platform game is almost unbeatable.

Lets face it how much fucking time was spent trying to get that fucking bandicoot over that fucking wall.

Count me in for Latte duties bookended with "I can't possibly work under these conditions dahhrling."

8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home