Friday, November 12, 2004

Megadeth - The System Has Failed

I trid to get this at JBs the other week, but they didn't have it in yet. Then of course they got it in but I was broke. Anyway a kid at work had a burn of it, I just ripped it. I'll have to buy it later anyway because I like the artwork etc, but I am one happy dude. Mustaine has remastered the first 5 albums or something too, I will have to get them. The first 3 would be great remastered. Don't know what I'd change about Rust in Peace or Countdown though. They're called remasters but from metal forum chatter I think they may have actually re-recorded some parts/instruments. Good or bad, anything that makes you listen to old Megadeth is, um, good.

And the verdict so far: I'm only 4 tracks in, and it's fucking awesome. Some Rust in Peace type tracks, and some Cryptic Writings type tracks (like Youthanasia but marginally less gay) but with leads out the ass.

Mustaine woke up to himself. Good for him.

3 Comments:

Blogger eightball said...

SHIT, I just remembered what I was going to do last night & totally forgot. I was going to rip your (stomp's) vinyl copy of So far... to MP3.

& I forgot, because I was too busy trying to get a 2part DivX avi with external subtitles to burn to a DVD Player ready disc. WHICH DIDN'T FUCKING WORK

But back to Mustaine, I am eager to hear this album as when a Doctor tells you, "Dude if you keep playing this fast your hand is totally going to EXPLODE" & then you sit around for a while & go ahhh fuck it & rip out shit akin to your finest albums it's gotta be good.

9:04 am  
Blogger monkeypox said...

I gotta have a listen. I stopped after Youthanasia. Anything to take you back to the old days. Peace Sells was one reason for me to learn to play bass. Speaking of which - having two weeks off work I decided to sand back my five string to woodgrain. It looks like it will come up a treat. White is such a gay colour for a bass. It was the only colour 5 string I could get 13 years ago. At least my 4 string is black and the same type as Cliff used to play. (aria pro II)

8:18 pm  
Blogger stompbox said...

Monkeypox - get the new album and pretend they haven't put anything out since Youthanasia. It's working for me.

7:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home