Monday, June 19, 2006

2-0 DOH!!!

OK I don't know what's going on but this is the 2nd thread in a row that blogger dashboard has eaten

it was long & possibly not amusing as I was tired as turd when I wrote it..

in essence, it was

awoke at 2AM to watch soccer

stumbled to lounge room to find that TV had decided to make SBS an 'audio only' experience..

frantic early morning re-cabling of the eightbal AV system, results in 20 minutes of static (but I got audio back so I could listen to it)

Just before the halftime break I got a passable picture in time to watch Brazil walk into their race, looking pretty dejected.

Unfortunatley they were only back on the pitch for 2 minutes before they were looking alot more fucking jubilant,

In essence, Australia were alot better than the final score attributes.

I hope Skaffen is off work for several days as he tries to extricate himself from several severly waxed & greased Brazilian fannettes.

& on the possibility that Australia make it through to the next round & whatever round it is where Australia might play England I hope Skaff goes to the game & ends up in the middle of the England cheer squad swinging a shitfilled pair of pants around his head, screaming... actually, I dont' care what he's yelling.. just hitting poms in the head with shit is good enough.

Fuck you blogger this was problaby funnier first time around

1 Comments:

Blogger skaffen said...

On the way to this game we found that the Munich Stadium (which is a giant rad inflatable UFO) is way out of town and has nothing to do nearby in the leadup to the game except watch people be cocks.

So we hunted for beer and found a campsite dedicated to the kind of traveller I loathe most in this world: Australian Backpacking Yobbos.

They had set up huge bars (good) and tv screens (good) but played Aussie anthems over the top of everything (Half of which weren't Australian bands, the rest of the time it was just Khe-San on repeat) and basically had fuckwits running around doing our nation proud by harrasing women and pissing at the bar... (bad)

We drank 2 and a half liters of beer each in about 180 minutes and went back to the game. I remember the first half, but left the game believing the score was 1-0 and when my mate tried to correct me and stop me from abusing Brazilians apparently I punched him in the face.

I had become that which I despise.

Thankfully karma sobered me up and forced me to make my own way home carrying the three liter stein glasses we nicked and walking for three hours in the wrong direction, wearing thongs. I now have very sore arms and blisters all over my feet, I enjoy the pain as I believe it encourages me to temper my fuckwitness in the future.

Monday involved 11 hours travel back to London for 16 hours of work, before I head back to the Croatia game. This one I will restrain myself somewhat I think as I'd really like to see us win and remember the glory of getting through the group stages. Plus I trust the Croatians about as much as I do Australian backpackers and would like to be able to defend myself should things get out of hand, this being the most likely time.

So, Brazil to beat Japan and we need to draw or thouroughly thrash the Croats. I think this just might be the shock the rest of the world has coming.

1:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home