Wednesday, June 14, 2006

3-1

Fuck yeah.

I cannot express the emotional affect a game like this has, it is not something I have experienced before and it totally blew me away.

84 minutes of tourture, with Australia kicking ass but unable to score against Japan almost killed me, especially when surrounded by thousands of Australian supporters and sitting all of 20 meters from the goals.

However, the sense of frustration and despair building and building before getting blown away by three goals in 8 minutes is such a fucking emotional torrent, the outburst of noise and jubilation is something out of this world.

I have always known that actually being at the game, and the crowd dynamics there, increase the emotional investment exponentially, however I have only really attended footy and cricket games. These lack the 'moments' that define and turn around soccer games that I never knew existed, and I think I'm hooked.

I am also hooked on German weissebier, which tastes like sweet sweet candy and has no hangover affects that I can determine (apart from lack of sleep).

German girls, German hospitality, German music, German parties and of course Autobahns. Fun for all.

Two more games to go, I am hoping my body can take the punishment.

2 Comments:

Blogger eightball said...

What the fuck!!!

I did a post on this for you to see when you got home but it seemingly didn't work.

I watched the game & got all antsy sitting in Box Hill at 1in the morning I can't even imagine what it must have been like there.

I was so excited I got up at 5am the next day to watch Brasil V Croatia. thinking it could be a really good game..

It wasn't because Brasil knew they didn't even have to turn it on to win.

PS, you need to come to Richmond Tigers games, then you'll get emotional attachment out the fucking wazoo son!

GOITERS!

12:55 pm  
Blogger skaffen said...

Dude, it's beyond belief. We are now on our way to Munich for the Brazil game, which is going to damage my pants, and that's before considering the supporters...

Even if Aus don't go very far now, we've won one in the World Cup, and I'll try to get back over here for the semi's and final game. Every German city hosting games has filled the streets with bars and clubs and stuff, hot food till 3am, weissebier and chicks, glorious chicks everywhere.

All that aside, Germany is also a really beautiful and friendly place to visit.

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home