Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Adaptec/Roxio arse-eating bastards

I would just like to share with you my opinions regarding the software released by Roxio the fucked up spinoff of Adaptec. Namely their shared interest in the 'Easy CD Creator' line of products.

I discovered today that when you install Easy-Arse-Fuck-Creator it overwrites the Windows XP cd-rom and cd-r drivers for you. You may think this makes sense and is kinda handy, and it would be, except when their drivers CANNOT RUN UNDER XP.

Dumb cunts.

Even better, you can't back-out the drivers cause the installer isn't that smart and it's kinda difficult to fix the problem cause you can't use your cd-rom drives any more either.

I had the pleasure of discovering this when returning my brother-in-laws freshly re-built system to him. I estimate about 8 hours went in to building, installing and tuning the box. Now I get to start all over again.

So, a big thanks and FUCK YOU to Roxio and Adaptec. You're a pack of cunts.

6 Comments:

Blogger stompbox said...

Set the computer on fire.

I don't know much about this stuff, but most will agree that's the best option.

9:41 am  
Blogger monkeypox said...

Then start again with something like Alcohol 120%. I'm sure you will be able to "find" it somewhere.

9:54 am  
Blogger skaffen said...

Okay, so remediation is as follows:

1) Apply Alcohol

2) Torch it.

11:17 am  
Blogger stompbox said...

No dude you're not listening. DRINK the alcohol, set fire to the PC, then yourself.

12:59 pm  
Blogger eightball said...

I say move to another country & leave all your troubles behind...

1:01 pm  
Blogger skaffen said...

That's the plan :) TML tech support is downing tools and going on strike. I am fleeing the country to free myself from the reign of terror that is summed up by the phrase '...I have a computer question.'

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home