Friday, June 03, 2005

Suspended Anusmation


The new Fantomas album 'Suspended Animation' has just become my new favourite album. I know Stomp has some issues with Fantomas because he thinks their a bit artschool (& he's right). But I think this one could be the one that flips him around.

It's kinda like their first (so far best) album Amenaza el Mundo in that its essentially 45 minutes of detached riffing & noise that after 25 listens is commited to memory & therefore becomes totally fucking awesome. But this one has a small amount to more structure to it & also a small amount of actual vocals like their 'Directors Cut' album.

The theme is somehow linked to animation. what the link is I'm not 100% on yet. but overall there is a more quirky side to it. which makes you think you're watching a noisecore kids cartoon show..

And if that idea doesn't make your rectum smile I dont know what the fuck you're doing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home