Monday, June 13, 2005

Awesome weekend

We had a week off little league footy so I took the kids to Games Workshop. The wife is concerned I'm a nerd influence. I explained Skaffen and Eightball want to know why it's taken so long. Anyway 8 years old proved to be too young for wargaming, but my oldest is now 11 and right into it. We took one of his mates along too, and I booked them in for free "hobby academy" 4 sundays where they teach them everything from assembly and painting thru to the wargaming. They have already picked out their favourite models they want, and yes, so have I.

Then a game of Space Hulk last night. I now know why terminator armour is so bulky, they would most certainly have toilets built in, because that game is scary shit. I can hear the corridors of the floating space wreck reverberating with the sound of flushing toilets as the genestealer hordes swarm out of the floor....

Wargaming is fun. Introducing your sons to it is even funner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home