Friday, November 30, 2007

Breakdown of the Relationship - Part 4

Well it's been a slow couple of days in MAME land, I've got the Win98 box up and running, however I'm having a bugger of a time actually getting MAME working on it.

I remember when MAME was a piece of piss DOS application that would 'just work' now it's a 32bit Windows application that essentially, runs like shit. I think it really likes DirectX & 3D acceleration & all that bizzo...

So where am I at, I have a machine but Galaga runs like a pig on it, I've dug up sold old DOS distro's of MAME & I'm going to have a ping with those, if they run I might ditch windows all together & just go for a DOS setup, although it's been so long since I've used DOS in any serious way I'm probably going to cry.

Most people building cabinets seem to run DOS & ArcadeOS as a frontend. I will problaby do the same I spose...

I think I'm adding a new circular saw to my Xmas list which is going to help when it comes to me ripping the timber for the cabinet...

& maybe a plunge router too...

In cabinet decoration directions I think I'm going to try & work out how to get this



on to the side of it, most of my time spent playing video games was also spent with on foot resting on the tail of a skateboard, maybe vinyl cut....

could be expensive. but it will be rad

(why does Blogger ALWAYS think I enter the verification letters wrong on the first time.....)

3 Comments:

Blogger MortarForker said...

...cause there's a time limit before the word verification expires and you need new characters.

Shit hey.

You should be able to run the DOS MAME exe's using 'emulation mode' or 'compatibility mode' or some shit in Win98.

8:35 pm  
Blogger MortarForker said...

BTW, MortarForker = Skaffen
fucking googlebloggergmailmultiaccountshit.

3:15 am  
Blogger stompbox said...

MortarForker, please post the best Avalon pics from your camera?

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home