Wednesday, October 31, 2007

STARSHIP POOPERS - The ultimate punishment



I dragged my son into playing this game, which I had and played solo when I was a kid. Nostalgia clouded my judgement.


A mind-numbing exercise in resource management, this game manages to sap the joy even from combat, which becomes a depressing exercise in ratio calculation.



The only fun bit was drawing the tunnel map.


The marines have a sheet too, you have to keep record of bullshit on there. Sheesh.


We kept it going for a few days, but I couldn't pretend it was fun. It just wasn't.


So I now have a punishment lined up for the kids if they play up.


The kids look bewildered, I had to explain that this was before Warcraft. They found it hard to understand why anyone would subject themselves to this voluntarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home