Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sony XPLOD kicking my ASS

Went to Reece and Ali's today and Reece who is a sound and TV installation dude who plugs in rich people's plasma screens for a living put in my new MP3/CD head unit in the car. Acheball and I gave it a shot and managed to get as far as ruining the aircon controls, but it turns out it was for the greater good that we didn't get any further as it involved drilling new holes in the mounting brackets and manually identifying, stripping and soldering each wire in the back as the plugs are different. Took about 4 hours, with a break for coffee and later BBQ lunch. Only cost me a slab, instead of $130 Strathfield quoted, and he lent me TOOL's Anemia for the drive to work as I didn't have any decent CDs in the car (apart from EBOLIE's debut, that shit Sydney grind band who supported EXHUMED on their tour. No way I'm breaking in the XPLOD with THAT gay-assed shit.)

Still running factory speakers but found out from Reece that I can get new speaker housing for the front doors to fit my mammoth ear-raping 6x9 Sony XPLODing motherfucker speakers. Which I'm happy with. So I'll just leave the factory 6" rounds in the back, (can't hear them back there anyway) and then I dont have to cut any carpet. I want those big puppies right there next to my head thankyou very much.

1 Comments:

Blogger eightball said...

Well thank fuck thats sorted out.

Now you just have to concentrate on getting it to say

***METAL MAGICIAN***

When you start it up

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home