Monday, February 21, 2005

Akihabara...

I thought I had blown in excess of my airfare in the first hour. I kept going to the counter of one shop with armloads of stuff and gesticulating until they realised not that I didn`t want to pay, but that I was going back in for more. Then they just smiled and said `otaku` to one another.

I think I paid their annual rent, and I spent about a tenth of what I thought I had.

The electrical shops are a little cheaper than home, especially when tax free. But not enough to merit many purchases. Most of the mp3 gear isn`t worth it, sorry eightball. I think they`ve figured it out and the distributors have hiked prices accordingly.

However, when confronted by every toy I always wanted as a child, I find myself to be quite weak of character and simply crumble under the pressure. T-shirts too, oh god the t-shirts.

I remember a news article a few years back about some kid getting arrested for wearing a t-shirt that said "FUCK" on it. It`s quite possible that I will be in jail shortly after my return, not for rude language printed across my chest, but probably because I`d be teaching everyone who saw me more than they wanted to know about female anatomy and this blogs namesake....

2 Comments:

Blogger monkeypox said...

I was going to ask following your last post about the pink floor:
"Just how many tentacles ?"
But I guess I don't need to ask.

6:19 pm  
Blogger eightball said...

Today is a great day in the realms of beered up fat nerds.

classic, can't wait to see this stuff

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home