Friday, March 13, 2009

AT-43

I know some of the minis look great, but has anyone played AT-43 yet?



I'd like to check out a couple of other tabletop games, but I am wary ever since Stompbox spent cash on some hex-based tank warfare game that turned out to be a rancid shit.

We spent a couple of hours setting up and reading the rules before kicking off, from memory one of us couldn't even get our 'future powered hover tanks' over 30km/h because of terrain. Why do they bother hovering then?

When we finally got close enough to shoot I forgot to dump the brakes and ground out into a small rise, rendering most of my tanks immovable and heavily damaged.

It was awesome.

A real shame though, it could have been rad.

4 Comments:

Blogger monkeypox said...

I haven't got AT-43, but I do have all of Rackham's Confrontation 3 rulebooks. Conf seems OK rules wise, much better planned out than say Mordheim. The only weirdness is some of the translations from French into English and the words they choose for parts of the rules. They really needed to employ someone with English as their first language for that bit but you put up with it. I guess AT-43 would be a bit similar.

I've avoided the latest version of Conf because it went full battle, a bit like WH and all plastic miniatures. The Conf 3 system are the previous rules and most of the miniatures were metal and awesome. I bought as many metal miniatures as I could once they decide to change to pre-painted plastic. Now I just have to get around to painting them.

I guess what I could have said in a much shorter way is AT-43 rules are probably good with some weird translations, because I have Rackham's older fantasy game and the rules are pretty good with that. But I wouldn't know because I buy minis to paint and only get around to actually playing a game every couple of years :)

Check out a sample rulebook here as a start

10:03 am  
Blogger stompbox said...

I had my foot on the pedal and flew stroight off the board on turn 2, automatic fail.

Some blokes at the local wargaming club play Confrontation or something, smaller numbers of units than WH40k, looks rad, they used the club's Necromunda (Cities of Death) terrain.

3:06 pm  
Blogger stompbox said...

There was an AT43 starter box game on sale around Melbourne for $50, I didnt get it tho, the models look cool and I came close to picking it up but decided to pass.

1:22 pm  
Blogger stompbox said...

INFINITY, that's it!

Great looking minis,
looks cool.

They have a heap of terrain at the club which helps

6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home