Friday, July 27, 2007

The Challenge is set

What I (for stomp) needs....

We have a functioning old as shit IBM laptop (no not that one you gave me Skaff, even older & crapper) I think it's about a 333mhz job, by all rights it should be getting kicked to the kerb. but it's gone 1 last chance to live a rad life as something which for now... will remain a secret...

We need an OS on it - nothing flashy All it's going to do is show a few JPGs or maybe run a really simple Windows App, problem being, there's no CD drive, or ethernet or even a floopy drive on this bastard.

I need something I can copy onto a lappie hard-drive from the desktop PC, & that shit will boot once in the lappy, simple agricultural but functioning.

I started going down teh Win ME angle, found a CD but it wasn't booting to the CD & started pissing me off, strike 1 against Windows I aint fucking about with boot disks & all that shit

I'm open to stripped back as shit linux distro liveCD's (if I copy them to the HDD will they work?) this thing just needs to boot into some shitbag OS & it needs it FUCKING YESTERDAY!!

Skaffen.... put down the pull rag & get on this challenge, Sissy Longsleeves needs your help

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home