Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I love getting mail

My son rang me at work yesterday to get the OK to open this package.



You can imagine my glee at the dungeon maps printed on the backing card behind the minis. The Bookmarks of Doom are cool too.

The owlbear is going to make the cockatoo, and the kobold is the lizard Rogue.
I have my work cut out for me with the conversions. I know what to do with the cocky and have bits coming off ebay, but the Lizard I have to green stuff some webbed dreadlocks (he's a frill necked lizard.) Also his main sword, which will be on his back, is a serrated blade in a scabbard covered in webs - it was made by ettercaps (humanoid spider/men.) So I can use a WH40k serrated knife blade, sticking partly unsheathed from a scabbard, but I think ill have to make the webs on the scabbard with greenstuff too.

Monkeypoox do you know of any spider webbed scabbard? Will work that fine be hard in green stuff?



My 6 year old claimed the poster for his room (his brother didnt want it.) I just thought we'd get the minis, the other stuff they threw in is cool. We studied the module covers together, he likes "the squishy guy" and agreed the lava men are cool. Booyah. Now we just have to wait for the 12 Dungeon Crawl Classic modules I have coming by slow mail from ebay. Avalon in full effect yo.



Click on the images to blow them (right) up.
I'm thinking about cutting the minis off those bases to put them on Dungeon Stone bases (from Back to BaseIX). The Cocky would be on a double-sized base (4 squares.) A lot of work but would look rad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home