Thursday, August 11, 2005

Resident Evil 4

As you know I had a zombie-filled week last week. Once the kids are packed off to bed it's RE4 time, don't sneak up on me while I'm playing motherfucker because you do NOT want to be mistaken for a creep with a chainsaw and a heshin sack over his head.

This is the coolest game I have ever played. It's like being dropped into a horror movie. More Evil Dead than a zombie film, it's everything the crappy Evil Dead games wanted to be.

I like the story a lot. You feel like you're in a movie. It's hard but not so hard you learn to hate it. I'm told I might want an "Action Replay" (cheat) memory card later for unlimited shotty ammo, but it's cool for now.

I love it when you kill a dude and climb into the building he was in, creepy shit. Like Texas Chainsaw Massacre a bit too, not just because a dude has a saw, but the creepy feeling of being inside where the bad guys live, in their world.

I think there is another RE game due soon on PS2 or something, a bloke at the game shop said to my wife. I know there's RE5 coming on PS3. Does anyone know anything about this other one for PS2 or is the guy mixed up with RE5 on PS3?

RE4 fixes all the problems with the earlier games and then some, it's a whole new level of rad. I haven't gotten around to the bonus disc yet but it has all the cut scenes from all previous RE games. Scary! Creepy! Aim for the head!

3 Comments:

Blogger skaffen said...

Coolness. Zombies rock.

I am desperately seeking work as I have made a big mistake. You see when I left Aus I handed over my PS2 to 8Ball, and now that I am here I am kicking myself for it :)

Well, not quite. I DO have my PSP which keeps my pants tight, but thrashing gangsters in GTA was always fun.

Can you use the laser-gun-thingamer to play RE4?

6:09 am  
Blogger stompbox said...

You mean the Playstation 1 gun? No. It's a GameCube game. Wees on all the old RE games. Last night I got a rifle with sniper scope and picked off most of the zombies in the next area, through a crack in the wall, before opening the door. They had fortified a valley with rope bridges, barbed wire and lookout towers. Another area inside they were behind sandbags throwing sticks of dynamite. I tried to get a bead on them with the rifle and then the dynamite went off, fucking my concentration completely. I took them out, leap over the sandbags straight onto a fucking mantrap.

9:22 am  
Blogger stompbox said...

ATOMIC magazine clarifies things: RE4 will be out on PS2 soon. Get it.

RE5 coming to PS3 means ... I am going to have to buy a PS3. Bugger.

7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home