Saturday, May 21, 2005

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE

The link from the title takes you to a scanlation site where you can directly download, or just copy them from me when you see me.

I am hopelessly addicted to this bizarre and epic manga, recommended by a GANTZ fansite. It's kind of like the old wierd and awesome black and white Slaine series from 2000AD, but with even stranger not-quite-right artwork and a whole order of radness better story gore and oddness. The art put me off a little initially, but now I'm hooked and even gotten to the stage where I'm enjoying the perspective fuck-ups and trying to work out is that meant to be Jojo's head in the corner of that panel, or a mashed cheese stick? This dude has not let a lack of "correct" drawing ability stop him from creating the most insanely cool manga I'm aware of existing. It looks like someone bombed on hash trying to draw Streetfighter characters with an occult bent.

There are anime based on it apparently, but I dont see how they could come close to the manga. There was also a PS, Dreamcast and PS2 games apparently. There are like 8 volumes of this shit or something, so it should keep me going a while. I'm sucking them down like crazy because I think it's been licenced to Viz so might start to evaporate from the scanlation sites.

FAQ site - warning, apparently has spoilers.

1 Comments:

Blogger stompbox said...

I am partway thru downloading Naturo, both anime and manga, apparently it's hugely popular. The first few manga are done and it looks cool and all, but another called 666satan is fucking awesome. Really clean cute character design, like digimon or something, but wicked. Cool weapons and shit, but the characters particularly look amazing. You know when you look at a comic and think "I wish I could draw EXACTLY like that."

Also Zombie Powder is another manga I'm getting down slowly but surely - emphasis on cool fights, hero has cool wraps/gloves and a huge chainsword, and the framing is awesome (well I cant say the "camera work" now can I.)

Please word me up on any manga recommendations you come across.

2:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home