Thursday, March 23, 2006

Paging Monkeypox re: Armylist

My 12 year old has most of an army now thanks to Uncle Skaffen visiting from the UK with Castellan Draco (limited release UK only, with UK white dwarf with rules for him) and a Forgeworld resin MKIV venerable dreadnought (with all weapon configurations, we're going to set it up with rare earth magnets so he can set it up how he likes for each game.)

So I have a few questions if you get time:
- The codex says a character can only lead a terminator command squad if they are in terminator armour, else they can only lead a normal command squad. But the white dwarf article says Draco (who is not in terminator armour) CAN lead either, but to refer to the codex rules. (I emailed OZ GW but they didn't know and said try UK GW, which I've yet to do.) Am I right in guessing that even if the UK GW people say yes he can lead a terminator squad, pedantic dorks at tournaments and game days will argue that the rules are only official if they're Chapter Approved, and a WD article on the character doesn't count? Should we save the heartache and just put him with the standard command squad, and do a sick conversion command dude in termie armour to lead those boys?

- His army is looking like being around 1500 points initially. Do we aim to try to get it that exact amount? With the dreadnought variations there will be fluctuation, but can fix that by adding and removing figures.

Next - TANKS!!
(and maybe a seige dreadnought conversion, I need a cone shaped drill bit to use hmmm. Bunnings maybe.)

5 Comments:

Blogger monkeypox said...

Sounds like you are getting some awesome stuff happening and you are making me feel guilty about not working on my WH or WH40K stuff for a few weeks. I generally play WH rather than 40k, but 1500 is the normal for a 40k game. If you are a couple of points under it is fine. If you go over by one or two it would be OK as well. Maybe the freaks at touraments would have an issue, but I haven't played in one to know. I'll see if I can dig up the offical rules address. Something like rulezboyz@games-workshop.com
I reckon they will be able to confirm the details and just keep a copy of it if he is OK to lead termies.

Oh: and pictures please :)

2:54 pm  
Blogger stompbox said...

Thanks MPox. Pics soon!
I can get the address from the site, will do it soon.

Just got back from GW session with the kids, big WH Fantasy battle with a huge fortress and dwarfs and shit.*

I managed to get them out of there without spending any money, but only because I couldn't find an Ogre Ninja. I nearly nabbed a demon prince dude but just dropped 60 bucks with the kids at the comic shop this morning so decided not to be stupid.

*No actual shit per se

3:21 pm  
Blogger skaffen said...

So what armies are covered so far? Should I begin building one myself I'd rather go someone different so we can have it out. Pox is Chaos if I remember rightly (which I probably don't)

1:11 am  
Blogger stompbox said...

Well Draco has a history of fighting the Tau. They're the robotech-looking army, they just had a brand new codex come out (Tau Empire.) They have tons of cool battlesuits (mechs) and use mercenaries like the kroot and these new insect dudes. Lots of great looking models.

10:40 am  
Blogger skaffen said...

Those models do look quite sweet, and the tactics guides imply a certain amount of fun :) I shouldn't have any trouble finding people to play against over here either, but that might detract from WoWtime, mwahahaahahahahahaahahahherheemamapleasehelpmeeeee.

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home