Sunday, July 18, 2004

DRUNKEN BUM

Before I start let me just say I am really disappointed with how quiet it's gotten here. Got of your arse and post inane bullshit.

At little league footy today there's this alcoholic Dad who keeps showing up even though the Mum (who has the son, who plays in my son's team) has put out a restraining order. There's something not quite right about a guy who smells like a can of bourbon and coke at 9am on a Sunday morning. It's a kind of yummy smell for a second, and then REALLY nauseating when you realise what your brain is saying: that drunk guy smells good this morning. Barf. Anyway this morning he was there leaning against the building when the team came out of the change rooms, and the ex-wife looked really surprised to see him there, and rushed their young daughter away. Then I saw him staggering later, he fully was just trying to walk, staggered 2 meters backwards and tripped, landing with his upper back slamming into a brick wall. Ouch. Pretty embarassing for us too as we were the visiting team at the ground. Too pissed to walk, and the frightening thing is it was more than a 20 minute drive from my place, so he was on the road in that state for some time.

Alcohol is horrifically addictive for some people, poor cunts. I work at the adult detox unit sometimes, it's not great when you see some old bird, older than your mum, pissed and throwing glass ashtrays at junkies. Hmmm, grog.

PS. Skaffen, is that our Uncle Rich on the email list where I went into some detail about my bowel problems? Yikes!

2 Comments:

Blogger stompbox said...

I've given it some thought and I reckon next time I see him pissed at under 10s footy 9am on a Sunday morning, I'll ring the cops and get him breathoed. He'll fucking kill someone.

6:40 pm  
Blogger monkeypox said...

Let us know. Not really funny, more sad, but interesting.

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home